Pages

Friday, November 30, 2007

The Joy of my Family

The last two days have been full of very intersting conversations with the boys. Yesterday at dinner, Jacob announces he's got a big booger. Mom tells him to go blow his nose and he says, 'Na, I'll just pick it'. When he digs it out, I tell him to go put it in a kleenex and throw it away. Again, he says, 'na, I'll just wipe it on my clothes'. Mom and me are both grossed out and let out a choruses of 'yucks'. Mom asked him who taught him to do that. The little traitor says, 'Daddy', and adds, 'I'm such your kid'.

Tonight, Jacob starts singing a little ditty that I've been singing around the house for some reason. I don't even know where I heard it recently. The only words I know are 'what would you do with a drunken sailor, what would you do with a drunken sailor, what would you do with a drunken sailor early in the morning'. Lynn was appalled that our three year old was singing this. Rightly I think. She launches into a sermonette about drunkenness being bad. Caleb asks how someone gets drunk, a logical question. Lynn tells him people get drunk by drinking too much, to which re responds, 'oh, good. I hardly ever drink'. After laughing ourselves sick, we explained you can't get drunk on milk or lemonade, only beer or other drinks with alcohol. In fine form he reminds me I better be careful not to get drunk on the beer in the fridge.

I love it.